Value Wales Update
There’s several ideas and articles to keep up to date with from Value Wales – you can check them all here via these links -
The two highlights are firstly the request for your views on the Code of Practice on Ethical Employment in Supply Chains which we aim to launch in early 2017. Once launched, public sector organisations will be encouraged to sign up to its twelve commitments, as will private and third sector organisations in supply chains. The Code is accompanied by four detailed Guides covering modern slavery, blacklisting, unfair employment practices and paying the Living Wage. A copy of the draft Code and its supporting guides are available by emailing VWPolicy@wales.gsi.gov.uk. We would be very grateful for your feedback on the documents.
The second highlight is a change to the refresh to the Sell2Wales web site. A refreshed version of the site was launched with some key changes, such as:
- simplifying terminology
- new and improved search functionality
- clean new look to the homepage
The buyer benefits include:
- The opportunity to search the latest procurement news and events
- Free registration and access to the site
- Supplier Finder to source suppliers
- Create and publish Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) and low value notices
- Receive quotes for low value requirements by "Quick Quote"
- Manage responses through the sealed "Postbox"
- Transparent tendering process
- Secure environment to manage sourcing process
Sell2wales has projects pages set up for Aston Martin and Swansea Bay tidal lagoon to offer the opportunity for other suppliers to access both direct and sub-contract opportunities. These are worth checking out.